- About us
Our Caring Communities
If you are looking for a retirement home for yourself or a family member, you’ve come to the right place. Our mission is to provide affordable housing for seniors, age 50 and up, in a Christian environment. Baptist Retirement Communities of Georgia provides below market independent and assisted living at our three locations: Clairmont Crest in Decatur, Georgia, Hiawassee Park in the mountains of North Georgia, and Palmetto Park in Palmetto, Georgia.
You, no doubt, have many questions regarding the selection of a retirement home. One of the most important things you can do is to visit several homes and compare services and prices. Our Administrators would be happy to schedule a time with you and explain the features of their particular campus. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Baptist Retirement Communities of Georgia (BRCGA) is an agency that operates under the umbrella of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board. BRCGA owns all its assets and any associated debt, we choose to operate under the umbrella of the Georgia Baptist Convention. Dr. J. Robert White, Executive Director of the GBMB, sits on our board of trustees as a “sole Member”.
Because we are an agency of the GBMB, BRCGA adheres to the faith, practices, and common beliefs held by the Georgia Baptist Mission Board. All operations are consistent with those of the GBMB.
Our stated purpose is to serve senior adults with a ministry that has as its mission: To enrich the lives of senior adults by providing comfortable, attractive homes and services at an affordable price enabling them to age in place within a Christian environment.
We embrace the following core values:
- Sanctity of all life is a center value, guiding every policy, process, and procedure.
- A respect for the individuality, personal dignity and worth of all people is an integral part of our values.
- We believe the Bible to be God’s Holy Word and as such is to serve as instruction, guide, and ultimate truth for this ministry.
- All decisions regarding hiring, termination, promotions, rewards or discipline are first passed through this value grid.
- Operational determinations, policies and goals reflect the beliefs held by this organization.
- Summation of our basic beliefs – Love God, Love People, Serve People: For this ministry, we serve senior adults by helping them to live independently, with dignity and honor as long as possible and to age in place within our communities.